Clams, garlic, bacon and Parmesan cheese flavor this hearty pasta dish from Darlene Hicks. “It's been a favorite for years,” she writes from her home in Arcata, California. “A side salad and garlic bread complete the meal.”
Featured In: 30 Fresh Tomato Recipes
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Jones Dairy Farm Dry-Aged Bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain clams, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, garlic, parsley, oregano, pepper, clams and reserved juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Add bacon. Drain fettuccine; stir into sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Bacon-Clam Sauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p37
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Fettuccine with Bacon-Clam Sauce
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2014
"My husband made this and it turned out fantastic! Followed the recipe exactly no need to change it at all."