Fettuccine with Bacon-Clam Sauce Recipe
Clams, garlic, bacon and Parmesan cheese flavor this hearty pasta dish from Darlene Hicks. “It's been a favorite for years,” she writes from her home in Arcata, California. “A side salad and garlic bread complete the meal.”
- 4 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 can (6-1/2 ounces) chopped clams
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, drain clams, reserving 1/4 cup juice. In a large saucepan, combine the butter, garlic, parsley, oregano, pepper, clams and reserved juice. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Stir in the cream and Parmesan cheese; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until heated through. Add bacon. Drain fettuccine; stir into sauce. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine with Bacon-Clam Sauce in Cooking for 2 Fall 2005, p37
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Fettuccine with Bacon-Clam Sauce(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Bacon Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cooking For Two >
- Cooking For Two Magazine >
- Cooking For Two Recipes >
- Dinner for Two >
- Dinner For Two Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >
- Pasta Dinners >