Fettuccine Slaw Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 3 cups finely chopped cabbage
- 4 celery ribs, sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced cucumbers
- 2 cups shredded carrots
- 1 cup (8 ounces) reduced-fat plain yogurt
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 1. Break fettuccine into thirds. Cook according to package directions; drain and rinse in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the fettuccine, cabbage, celery, cucumbers and carrots. In a small bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. Pour over fettuccine mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until chilled. Yield: 14 servings.
3/4 cup equals 112 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 188 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 starch, 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.