Our perfect pasta is a creamy shrimp fettuccine with cheddar, green chiles and cilantro. Garnish with dollops of sour cream, salsa and avocado. —Judy Armstrong, Prairieville, Louisiana
Recommended: Top 10 Shrimp Recipes
- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh cilantro, basil and marjoram
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined or frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large bowl, whisk egg, cream, sour cream and salt. Stir in cheddar cheese, chilies, green onions and herbs. Drain fettuccine.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the fettuccine, shrimp, cream mixture and salsa. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese, chips and tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with avocado slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Shrimp Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p60
Reviews forFettuccine Shrimp Casserole
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review