- 6 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 large egg
- 3/4 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup canned chopped green chilies
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon each minced fresh cilantro, basil and marjoram
- 1 pound uncooked shrimp (31-40 per pound), peeled and deveined or frozen cooked crawfish tail meat, thawed
- 1 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded pepper jack cheese
- 2 cups tortilla chips, crushed
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium ripe avocado, peeled and sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook fettuccine according to package directions. In a large bowl, whisk egg, cream, sour cream and salt. Stir in cheddar cheese, chilies, green onions and herbs. Drain fettuccine.
- In a greased 13x9-in. baking dish, layer half of the fettuccine, shrimp, cream mixture and salsa. Repeat layers.
- Bake, covered, 35 minutes. Sprinkle with pepper jack cheese, chips and tomatoes. Bake, uncovered, 5-10 minutes longer or until bubbly and cheese is melted. Serve with avocado slices. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Shrimp Casserole in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2015, p60
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Fettuccine Shrimp Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review