Fettuccine Italiana Recipe
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 package (14 ounces) reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- 1. Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute sausage, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme in oil until vegetables are tender. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 285 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 908mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 19g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.
Reviews for Fettuccine Italiana
"I have made this on several occasions and it just keeps getting better. The only thing I add extra is some crushed chili peppers which we like in most dishes. Will definitely make many more times. Oh, I also use Smartfields spaghetti as it is low carb; no cholesterol; low everything else and tastes great!!"
"Flavorful and easy to make. Makes a great weeknight meals."
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.