Fettuccine Italiana Recipe
Janet Quigley of Galveston, Texas perks up a platter of fettuccine with spice sausage and delicately flavored asparagus and mushrooms. The satisfying entree is easy enough for an everyday meal and colorful enough for company.
- 8 ounces uncooked fettuccine
- 1 package (14 ounces) reduced-fat smoked turkey sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 cups cut fresh asparagus (1-1/2-inch pieces)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, saute sausage, asparagus, mushrooms, onion, garlic and thyme in oil until vegetables are tender. Combine cornstarch and broth until smooth; stir into sausage mixture. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1-2 minutes or until thickened. Drain pasta. Add to sausage mixture; toss to coat. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Italiana in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p19
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Fettuccine Italiana(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
More Recipe Collections
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Dinner Recipes >
- Healthy Dinners >
- Healthy Main Dishes >
- Healthy Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Fat Dinner Recipes & Main Dishes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Pasta & Sauces >