The original version of this recipe came from my sister, but I've added and subtracted ingredients to suit my family tastes. It's something I can whip up at the last minute to feed guests who arrive unexpectedly. They always love it!—Nikki Best, Littleton, Colorado
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham or chicken
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a
- large skillet, saute the broccoli, cauliflower and onion in oil
- until tender. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes
- or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the ham, Alfredo sauce and pepper. cook until heated through.
- Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 550 calories, 27 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 71 mg cholesterol, 1,513 mg sodium, 50 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 28 g protein.