Fettuccine Alfredo Recipe
The original version of this recipe came from my sister, but I've added and subtracted ingredients to suit my family tastes. It's something I can whip up at the last minute to feed guests who arrive unexpectedly. They always love it!—Nikki Best, Littleton, Colorado
- 1 package (9 ounces) refrigerated fettuccine
- 1 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/2 small onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 to 10 medium mushrooms, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 cups diced fully cooked ham or chicken
- 1 jar (15 ounces) Alfredo sauce
- Pepper to taste
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- Cook fettuccine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the broccoli, cauliflower and onion in oil until tender. Add mushrooms and garlic; cook and stir for 3 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Stir in the ham, Alfredo sauce and pepper. cook until heated through. Drain fettuccine; toss with sauce. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Fettuccine Alfredo in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p126
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Fettuccine Alfredo
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review