Feta Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
Guests at our farmhouse bed and breakfast see zucchini in our garden one day and savor it in these moist and flavorful pancakes the next. They make a refreshing side dish and a unique use for excess zucchini.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:4 servings
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, zucchini, feta cheese, onions, flour, mint, salt and pepper; fold in egg whites.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat; drop four 1/3 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat, making two more batches with remaining oil and batter. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 serving (3 each) equals 285 calories, 17 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 228 mg cholesterol, 638 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 15 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC