Feta Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
Guests at our farmhouse bed and breakfast see zucchini in our garden one day and savor it in these moist and flavorful pancakes the next. They make a refreshing side dish and a unique use for excess zucchini.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- 1. In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, zucchini, feta cheese, onions, flour, mint, salt and pepper; fold in egg whites.
- 2. In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat; drop four 1/3 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat, making two more batches with remaining oil and batter. Yield: 1 dozen.
3 each: 285 calories, 17g fat (6g saturated fat), 228mg cholesterol, 638mg sodium, 18g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 3g fiber), 15g protein.
Reviews for Feta Zucchini Pancakes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC