Feta Zucchini Pancakes Recipe
Guests at our farmhouse bed and breakfast see zucchini in our garden one day and savor it in these moist and flavorful pancakes the next. They make a refreshing side dish and a unique use for excess zucchini.
- 4 eggs, separated
- 4 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1/2 cup King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided
- In a small bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form; set aside. In a large bowl, combine the egg yolks, zucchini, feta cheese, onions, flour, mint, salt and pepper; fold in egg whites.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 teaspoons of oil over medium heat; drop four 1/3 cupfuls of batter into skillet. Fry for 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Repeat, making two more batches with remaining oil and batter. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Feta Zucchini Pancakes in Country Woman July/August 2006, p30
Reviews for Feta Zucchini Pancakes(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Breakfast Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Breakfast Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Side Dishes >
- Country Woman Breakfast Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Side Dishes >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Side Dishes >
- Mother's Day Breakfast Recipes >
- Pancakes >