Feta Veggie Salad
"If you're tired of the same old green salads, try this medley I cam up with after tasting something similar at a restaurant," suggests Kristen Zayon of Anchorage, Alaska. Tip: "It makes a wonderful meal paired with grilled chicken and steamed rice," Kristen says.
9 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 2 cups sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, coarsely chopped
- 1 medium cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- 1 small red onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 2/3 cup Greek vinaigrette
- In a large salad bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Drizzle
- with vinaigrette and toss to coat. Chill until serving. Yield: 9
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 142 calories, 12 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 7 mg cholesterol, 301 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.