Feta-Topped Asparagus Recipe
For a unique take on the versatile veggie, I jazz up steamed asparagus with crumbled feta cheese and red onion. The colorful side dish is an ideal accompaniment to chicken and also a welcome addition to any summertime supper.Becky Lohmiller, Monticello, Indiana
- 1-1/2 pounds fresh asparagus
- 1 medium red onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Place 1/2 in. of water and the asparagus in a large skillet; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Remove asparagus and keep warm.
- In the same pan, saute onion in oil until crisp-tender. Return asparagus to the pan. Sprinkle with salt, pepper and cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Feta-Topped Asparagus in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p15
Reviews for Feta-Topped Asparagus(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review