Feta Tomato-Basil Fish Recipe
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound walleye, bass or other whitefish fillets
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- 2. Meanwhile, broil fish 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes. Top each fillet with tomato mixture and cheese. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritio Facts: 1 serving equals 295 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Feta Tomato-Basil Fish
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.