Feta Tomato-Basil Fish
Alicia Szeszol relies on her husband for the main ingredient in this fuss-free dish. "He fills our freezer after his summer fishing trip," she reports from Lindenhurst, Illinois.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound walleye, bass or other whitefish fillets
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add
- tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered,
- for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil fish 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes. Top each
- fillet with tomato mixture and cheese. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or
- until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts:Nutritio Facts: 1 serving equals 295 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 172 mg cholesterol, 799 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 38 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon