- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian diced tomatoes, drained
- 1-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh basil or 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 pound walleye, bass or other whitefish fillets
- 4 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- In a saucepan, saute onion and garlic in oil until tender. Add tomatoes and basil. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, broil fish 4-6 in. from the heat for 5-6 minutes. Top each fillet with tomato mixture and cheese. Broil 5-7 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Feta Tomato-Basil Fish
Sort By :
I liked this one.
It was good, but my husband and I found it a little bland. I used light feta, fresh tomatoes and cod. I will make it again, but with some seasoning next time.
I love, love, love this recipe! I usually make it with tilapia fillets and it taste great. Very easy and quick!
I've made this twice for lunch now and really enjoy it. Quick, easy, tasty and healthy! I use orange roughy.