Feta-Stuffed Prosciutto Mushrooms Recipe
- 5 whole garlic bulbs
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 2 fresh rosemary sprigs
- 1-1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup crushed garlic-flavored melba rounds
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 12 baby portobello mushrooms
- 12 thin slices prosciutto or deli ham
- 3 tablespoons chicken broth
- 1. Remove papery outer skin from garlic bulbs (do not peel or separate cloves). Cut top off of each garlic bulb. Brush with 2 tablespoons oil. Top with rosemary sprigs; wrap in heavy-duty foil. Bake at 425° for 30-35 minutes or until softened. Cool for 10 minutes.
- 2. Squeeze softened garlic into a small bowl. Stir in the cheese, melba crumbs, 1/4 cup olive oil, lemon juice, minced rosemary and lemon peel.
- 3. Remove stems from mushrooms (discard or save for another use).
- 4. Fold each prosciutto slice in half lengthwise; wrap around mushrooms and fill with cheese mixture. Place in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan; drizzle with remaining oil. Pour broth around mushrooms.
- 5. Cover and bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until heated through. Uncover; broil 3-4 in. from the heat for 2-3 minutes or until topping is golden brown. Yield: 1 dozen.
1 stuffed mushroom equals 186 calories, 13 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 20 mg cholesterol, 450 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer