Feta Stuffed Peppers Recipe
- 3 large green peppers
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1. Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; invert onto paper towels.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, orzo, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- 3. Spoon into peppers. Place in an 11x7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- 4. Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is softened. Yield: 3 servings.
2 stuffed pepper halves: 369 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 55mg cholesterol, 567mg sodium, 46g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 13g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Feta Stuffed Peppers
"These were delicious! We liked to add A1 on top when they are done. Surprisingly delicious."
"Waaay too much oregano for us!"
"One of my favorite recipes. I minus the orzo add a bit more feta. Everyone I've ever made it for goes back for seconds. Even the boss's wife was like " I'll never make stuffed peppers without feta again!""
"Even my picky 12 yr old asks for this ! It's a favorite"
"it was pretty good. I like more feta so I added some to the stuffing to make it actually feta stuffed peppers :) My husband really liked it too"
"Also good in a zuchini boat"
"Husband liked it but I didn't. Unless he specifically asks for it, I doubt I will make it again."
"no stars but it is a 5 ..I also use this recipe with ground lamb it is just as good..both are keepers"
"This was delicious and my husband loved it. I will be making it again."
"It was very tasty! It might be nice to have a little more liquid next time. I will definitely make it again!"
"I used red peppers instead of green. Also had to add more liquid to cook orzo. It did take alittle longer for the orzo to become tender, but it tasted great!Maybe next time, add some Cumin for a more Middle-Eastern flavor. :)"
"Finding myself with a bowl of cut up yellow and orange peppers from a lunch time salad bar that I made, and not a lot of time to prep dinner, I tossed the cut up peppers in the skillet with the onion and beef and made a "deconstructed" version. It was delicious and simple and will become one of my go-to recipes when I have ground beef thawed and don't want the same old burgers or taco stuff! I like how the pasta cooks in the same skillet and made this a one dish meal!"