- 3 large green peppers
- 1/2 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup uncooked whole wheat orzo pasta
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Cut peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds. In a Dutch oven, cook peppers in boiling water for 3-5 minutes. Drain and rinse in cold water; invert onto paper towels.
- In a large skillet, cook beef and onion over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Stir in the tomatoes, spinach, orzo, oregano, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until orzo is tender.
- Spoon into peppers. Place in an 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Cover and bake at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until peppers are tender.
- Sprinkle with cheese; bake 5 minutes longer or until cheese is softened. Yield: 3 servings.
Reviews for Feta Stuffed Peppers
"Waaay too much oregano for us!"
"One of my favorite recipes. I minus the orzo add a bit more feta. Everyone I've ever made it for goes back for seconds. Even the boss's wife was like " I'll never make stuffed peppers without feta again!""
"Even my picky 12 yr old asks for this ! It's a favorite"
"it was pretty good. I like more feta so I added some to the stuffing to make it actually feta stuffed peppers :) My husband really liked it too"
"Also good in a zuchini boat"