When my husband and I were first married, I only knew how to make a few meals that we’d rotate throughout the week. After some experimenting, I created this mouthwatering stuffed chicken recipe that’s still a favorite today.Lisa Herbert, Wadsworth, Ohio
4 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese, divided
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a tablespoon of feta
- cheese on each chicken breast half; roll up and secure with
- toothpicks. Coat with bread crumbs. Place seam side down in a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no
- longer pink. Immediately drizzle vinegar and oil over chicken.
- Discard toothpicks. Garnish with tomatoes and basil. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 369 calories, 21 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 39 mg cholesterol, 733 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 18 g protein.