Feta-Stuffed Chicken Recipe
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese, divided
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- 1. Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a tablespoon of feta cheese on each chicken breast half; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Coat with bread crumbs. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Immediately drizzle vinegar and oil over chicken. Discard toothpicks. Garnish with tomatoes and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 369 calories, 21g fat (5g saturated fat), 39mg cholesterol, 733mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein
Reviews for Feta-Stuffed Chicken
"We used tenderloins instead of breast halves, so the feta didn't stuff as well. It was a good and quick, easy recipe. Be sure to have some tomato in each bite for extra flavor!"
"I added a spoonful of tomato basil sauce and plain feta cheese. Then on top I sprinkled a bit of sauce, then did the bread crumbs, then plain feta. -- Husband really loved it!"