- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled tomato and basil feta cheese, divided
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 plum tomatoes, sliced
- 8 fresh basil leaves
- Flatten chicken to 1/4-in. thickness. Place a tablespoon of feta cheese on each chicken breast half; roll up and secure with toothpicks. Coat with bread crumbs. Place seam side down in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan. Sprinkle with remaining cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Immediately drizzle vinegar and oil over chicken. Discard toothpicks. Garnish with tomatoes and basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Feta-Stuffed Chicken
"Skip the oil and spray top with Pam cooking spray to cut fat and calories."
"VERY tasty, moist and flavorful! I used fresh basil and chopped oil-packed sun dried tomatoes since I could only get plain feta cheese at my local market. Turned out super delicious! Definitely will make again!"
"We used tenderloins instead of breast halves, so the feta didn't stuff as well. It was a good and quick, easy recipe. Be sure to have some tomato in each bite for extra flavor!"
"I added a spoonful of tomato basil sauce and plain feta cheese. Then on top I sprinkled a bit of sauce, then did the bread crumbs, then plain feta. -- Husband really loved it!"