“My husband and I love this pizza, which makes a quick, hearty meal for us on busy work nights,” writes Connie Clegg of Frederick, Maryland. “We are eating more vegetarian meals now, and this certainly fits the bill! I buy the packaged baby spinach and use the remaining spinach in a warm spinach salad later in the week.”
- 1 tube (13.8 ounces) refrigerated pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 can (15 ounces) pizza sauce
- 2 cups chopped fresh spinach
- 3/4 cup sliced red onion, separated into rings
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Crushed red pepper flakes, optional
- Unroll crust into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan; flatten dough and build up edges slightly. Brush with oil; sprinkle with garlic. Spread with pizza sauce.
- Layer with spinach, onion, mushrooms and cheeses. Sprinkle with basil, Italian seasoning and pepper flakes if desired. Bake at 400° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 12 pieces.
Originally published as Spinach Feta Pizza in Simple & Delicious July/August 2006, p41
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta Spinach Pizza
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review