Spinach and feta cheese top crisp slices of French bread in the festive-looking hors d'oeuvres sent in by Alina Abbott of Mesa, Arizona. "I've made these appetizers for parties, and everyone raves about them," she writes.
- 3 packages (6 ounces each) fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 tablespoons fat-free mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dill weed
- 20 slices French baguette (1/2 inch thick)
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine spinach and water. Cover and microwave on high for 1-1/2 to 2 minutes or until spinach is wilted, stirring twice; drain and squeeze dry. Add the feta cheese, tomato, onion, mayonnaise, sour cream, garlic, salt and dill weed; set aside.
- Arrange bread on a baking sheet. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 1-2 minutes or until lightly toasted. Spread each with about 1 tablespoonful spinach mixture. Broil 3-4 minutes longer or until heated through. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Feta-Spinach Melts in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p19
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta-Spinach Melts
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 1, 2011
"this was delicious!!!!!"
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2010
"Extremely easy to make and absolutely delicious! I served them at a potluck dinner and everyone really liked them."