“Great Mediterranean flavors, full-fat feta cheese and a little heat make this one recipe to die for! I serve it with crusty bread, a green salad and red wine.” Charlene Chambers, Ormond Beach, Florida
- 8 ounces uncooked whole wheat linguine
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 can (28 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup sun-dried tomatoes (not packed in oil), chopped
- 1/4 cup Greek olives, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Cook linguine according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Add the diced tomatoes, sun-dried tomatoes, olives, salt and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until thickened, stirring occasionally.
- Add the shrimp to the tomato mixture; cook, uncovered, for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Stir in the parsley, lemon juice and pepper flakes. Drain pasta; serve with shrimp mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Feta Shrimp with Linguine in Healthy Cooking April/May 2011, p55
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp with Linguine
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review