Feta Shrimp Tacos Recipe
- 2 cups shredded red cabbage
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1 banana pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip Light or reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon stone-ground mustard
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon reduced-sodium taco seasoning
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 8 whole wheat tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- Sliced avocado, optional
- 1. In a small bowl, combine cabbage, onion and banana pepper. In another bowl, mix Miracle Whip, vinegar, mustard and pepper; add to cabbage mixture and toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving.
- 2. Toss shrimp with taco seasoning. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add shrimp; cook and stir 3-4 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Serve in tortillas with slaw, cheese and, if desired, avocado. Yield: 4 servings.
2 tacos (calculated without avocado) equals 527 calories, 18 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 153 mg cholesterol, 1,021 mg sodium, 55 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 31 g protein.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.