- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet
Sort By :
"I made this with tomatoes with chili and topped with fresh chopped parsley & feta and served over angel hair. Soooo delicious and easy to make!!!! Like a one-skillet dish."
"Super easy and fast!! So delicious! Served mine over a little brown rice but could totally go without the rice would be superb with some crusty bread to soak up the yummy juice."
"Very easy & yummy!"
"This was a great recipe. I don't like parsley, so I used fresh basil. I served it over spaghetti squash. In the summer I will try this with fresh tomatoes from the garden. Using fresh ingredients makes dishes even better."
"Fabulous! I'm in queue for bariatric surgery, and by omitting the wine and cutting down a bit on the feta, (which I wouldn't do normally!) this is a perfect meal for me!"