Feta Shrimp Skillet Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 2. Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/4 cups (calculated without wine) equals 240 calories, 8 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 149 mg cholesterol, 748 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 25 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.