- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1/4 cup white wine, optional
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 3/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook and stir 4-6 minutes or until tender. Add garlic and seasonings; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in tomatoes and, if desired, wine. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Add shrimp and parsley; cook 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat; sprinkle with cheese. Let stand, covered, until cheese is softened. Yield: 4 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet
"Delicious! Used feta cheese with jalapenos. Added a little spice to the dish. Served it over rice."
"No adjustments. Delicious!"
"Superb, is the only word to describe this. Followed the recipe, with two changes; added hot pepper flakes, as we like the food on a spicy side & doubled the amount of oregano. Served it over pasta.Thank you so much for sharing your recipe with us all."
"LOVE THIS RECIPE! I made it last night and I will most definitely make it again. I used what I had in my cupboards. I used stewed tomatoes, cooking white wine, Italian blend of herbs and minced garlic that comes in a jar. It was spectacular! Very simple to make and not time consuming at all. I sat on my screened in porch and it was like eating at a gourmet restaurant in Greece! LOL May there be many happy days ahead for you and your husband! Thank you so much for this recipe, Sonali! 5-STARS!"
"I didn't even make this 100% as directed (no real onion, no white wine) and it was still awesome! Served over rice to soak up any juices. Can't wait for lunch leftovers tomorrow!!"
"Love recipe but would really appreciate having the nutritional values especially for diabetics"
"This is one of my family's favorite shrimp dishes. Wouldn't change a thing! Thank you for sharing."
"This was amazing....I served it with tortellini-yum! Also used 1 can of tomatoes and a few fresh tomatoes out of the lingering garden(sometimes it pays to live in CA)"
"Great taste...easy to make!"