Feta Salmon Salad Recipe
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (6 ounces each)
- 1 package (5 ounces) spring mix salad greens
- 1 large cucumber, chopped
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/4 cup red wine vinaigrette
- 1. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients; sprinkle over salmon. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 2. Place salmon on grill rack, skin side down. Grill, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 10-12 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily with a fork.
- 3. In a large bowl, toss salad greens with cucumber, tomato and cheese; divide among four plates. Top with salmon; drizzle with vinaigrette. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving: 416 calories, 25g fat (6g saturated fat), 108mg cholesterol, 636mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 38g protein .
Reviews for Feta Salmon Salad
"Great salad, especially washed down with a Sauvignon Blanc. I actually used grated spinach leaves instead of parsley and it worked! Despite being from the UK, I have also visited a pub in Mount Pleasant SC, is it Sticky Fingers your son orders the salmon sandwich in??"
"DELCIOUS! as my husband put it - restaurant quality!"
"Looks delicious. I'm gonna have this for tonight dinner!"
"Used a bit of chopped minced garlic and grated fresh ginger! The rest were here already! More salmon coming home today, and serving 'encore' dinner tonite with arugula salad! Lemon slices? Lime slices? Yum...a combo of both works for me!!"
"Added carrots, red onion and greek olives. Also made basil vinaigrette (TOH) - delicious!"
"Have made this a few times now, usually as a supper meal with pasta and a warm veg. Really enjoy the combination of feta and salmon."
"Wonderful! Next time we're going to try it in a wrap."
"I grill salmonthis way using lemon pepper, salt, a tiny bit of onion power and fresh minced garlic. We like it cooked rare so it melts in your mouth! I'll try the ginger next time as well. We usually habe boiled or mashed potatoes and salad...I put spring onions & capsicum in the salad as well."
"My family loves salmon dishes, but will not make this when my third son is home, as he is deathly allergic to seafood. This recipe is awesome though, and one we'll make many more times, just not when he's here."
"This is a wonderful concept. I added some capsicum (red/orange pepper) to the salad and made the spice mix up with what I had on hand. My father, who's birthday lunch this was prepared for, said it was better than a restaurant!"
"Unbelievable recipe. My husband said I could make this AT LEAST once a week. We added some greek olives too. FANTASTIC"
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.