Feta Romaine Salad
My friend Cathy, who is of Greek heritage, prepared this simple salad for me. She served it with lamb chops and pitas—what a classic Mediterranean meal! —Michael Volpatt, San Francisco, CA
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 15 min.
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small
- bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to
- coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1.333 cups equals 139 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 375 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 5 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 fat, 1 vegetable.