Feta Romaine Salad Recipe
- 1 bunch romaine, chopped
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1 cup chopped seeded cucumber
- 1/2 cup Greek olives, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the remaining ingredients. Drizzle over salad; toss to coat. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
1-1/3 cups: 139 calories, 11g fat (3g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 375mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein Diabetic Exchanges:1 vegetable, 2 fat
Reviews for Feta Romaine Salad
"This is better than the Greek salad in my favorite Greek restaurant. It is wonderful and the Greek black olives are perfect with it. It is a whole meal for me."
"Good! I used basil instead of cilantro (my cilantro hadn't come up yet in our garden!). Also added some grilled salmon to make it a meal! Added some red onion & carrots to it as well."
"I added salmon I had in the refrigerator as a leftover to this as well as the tomatoes, feta cheese, fresh parsley with the Light Green Goddess Salad Dressing. I didn't have cucumber or Greek olives but the next time I'll make sure I have those also. We enjoyed the salad as a main dish."