Toasty pitas sprinkled with tasty toppings gave rave reviews from Tammy Smith's clan in Live Oak, Texas. "These pizza-like snacks are fun and filling," she says.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 6 whole pita breads
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese
- and Italian seasoning. Top with onion and tomato.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cut into wedges if desired. Serve
- immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
This recipe pairs well with a medium white wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Protea Chenin Blanc South Africa 2011
. Honeysuckle and pear, with a hint of lemon, makes this perfect with any fish or chicken dish. Buy now and get 2 bottles for $29.99. Order Now