Feta Pitas Recipe
Toasty pitas sprinkled with tasty toppings gave rave reviews from Tammy Smith's clan in Live Oak, Texas. "These pizza-like snacks are fun and filling," she says.
- 6 whole pita breads
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Top with onion and tomato.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cut into wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Feta Pitas in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p9
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta Pitas(1)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2010
I used both plain and sun-dried tomato pitas. Very good! Made a great light-lunch.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bread Appetizers >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Easy Appetizer Recipes >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Easy Finger Foods >
- Easy Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Greek Vegetarian Recipes >
- Hot Sandwich Recipes >
- Sandwiches >
- Simple Appetizers >