Toasty pitas sprinkled with tasty toppings gave rave reviews from Tammy Smith's clan in Live Oak, Texas. "These pizza-like snacks are fun and filling," she says.
- 6 whole pita breads
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 3/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1 small tomato, thinly sliced
- Place pita breads on an ungreased baking sheet. Sprinkle with cheese and Italian seasoning. Top with onion and tomato.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes. Cut into wedges if desired. Serve immediately. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Feta Pitas in Quick Cooking July/August 1998, p9
Reviews for Feta Pitas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 1, 2010
"I used both plain and sun-dried tomato pitas. Very good! Made a great light-lunch."