When the occasion calls for easy but elegant party starters, rely on ready-made phyllo tart shells. They’re easy to fill and always look elegant on a serving tray.—Daria Burcar, Rochester, Michigan
Recommended: 40 Appetizers for Fall Celebrations
- 2 packages (1.9 ounces each) frozen miniature phyllo tart shells
- 1 egg
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 3 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup chopped ripe olives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- Dash cayenne pepper
- Preheat oven to 325°. Place tart shells on an ungreased 15x10x1-in. baking pan. In a small bowl, beat egg, feta cheese, cream cheese, lemon juice and flour until blended. Spoon 1-1/2 teaspoons filling into each tart shell. Bake 12-15 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a small bowl, mix remaining ingredients. Spoon about 1/2 teaspoon mixture over each tartlet. Serve warm. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Feta-Olive Tartlets in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2014
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta-Olive Tartlets
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review