Feta Olive Dip
Feta cheese, garlic and ripe olives, along with a hint of hot sauce, give a Greek salad-like flavor to this distinctive dip sent by Debbie Burton of Callander, Ontario. Besides pita chips, it's terrific with crackers, tortilla chips, pita bread, pretzels and carrot and celery sticks.
10 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + chilling
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Baked pita chips
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and
- process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with pita
- chips. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Nutritional Facts: One serving (2 tablespoons dip, calculated without pita chips) equals 56 calories, 4 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 183 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer