Feta cheese, garlic and ripe olives, along with a hint of hot sauce, give a Greek salad-like flavor to this distinctive dip sent by Debbie Burton of Callander, Ontario. Besides pita chips, it's terrific with crackers, tortilla chips, pita bread, pretzels and carrot and celery sticks.
- 4 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup sliced ripe olives
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- Baked pita chips
- In a food processor, combine the first nine ingredients; cover and process until blended. Transfer to a large bowl. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with pita chips. Yield: about 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Feta Olive Dip in Light & Tasty June/July 2002, p21
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta Olive Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review