Feta Frittata Recipe
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 4 thin slices peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- 1. Heat a 6-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Whisk the eggs, egg substitute and 3 tablespoons feta cheese. Add egg mixture to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). Cover and cook for 4-6 minutes or until nearly set.
- 2. Sprinkle with tomato and remaining feta cheese. Cover and cook 2-3 minutes longer or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut in half; serve with avocado and sour cream. Yield: 2 servings.
1 frittata half equals 203 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.