Chopped tomatoes and feta cheese come together to make this frittata extra special. It's perfect for a lazy Sunday or to serve with a tossed salad for a light lunch. —Marjorie Dodero, Seal Beach, California
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1 green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small garlic clove, minced
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup egg substitute
- 4 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese, divided
- 1/3 cup chopped plum tomato
- 4 thin slices peeled avocado
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat sour cream
- Heat a 6-in. nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over medium
- heat. Saute onion and garlic until tender. Whisk the eggs, egg
- substitute and 3 tablespoons feta cheese. Add egg mixture to skillet
- (mixture should set immediately at edges). Cover and cook for 4-6
- minutes or until nearly set.
- Sprinkle with tomato and remaining feta cheese. Cover and cook 2-3
- minutes longer or until eggs are completely set. Let stand for 5
- minutes. Cut in half; serve with avocado and sour cream. Yield: 2
Nutritional Facts: 1 frittata half equals 203 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 224 mg cholesterol, 345 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 17 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 medium-fat meat, 1 fat.