I found fresh ground chicken at the butcher and gave it a whirl onour new grill. The result is these saucy burgers. Everybody went nuts—including my sister-in-law, an amazing cook! —Wendy Boughton, Victoria, British Columbia
Recommended: 34 Incredible Burgers to Grill This Summer
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1 large shallot, minced
- 2 tablespoons crushed Ritz crackers
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh dill
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup finely crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 4 hamburger buns, split
- Refrigerated tzatziki sauce and sliced tomato, optional
- Combine first seven ingredients. Add chicken; mix lightly but thoroughly. Gently stir in cheese.
- Shape into four 1/2-in. thick patties (mixture will be soft). Brush patties with oil. Grill, covered, over medium heat until a thermometer reads 165°, 5-6 minutes per side. Serve on buns. If desired, top with tzatziki sauce and tomato. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Feta-Dill Chicken Burgers in Simple & Delicious April/May 2017
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Feta-Dill Chicken Burgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review