Feta Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove seeds and discard. Cut cucumbers into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Stir in onions. Combine the cheese, lemon juice, oil and pepper; add to cucumber mixture and stir gently. Yield: 4-5 servings.
1/2 cup: 101 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 12mg cholesterol, 453mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 5g protein
Reviews for Feta Cucumber Salad
"Loved it. Next time i'm trying the Mediterranean Feta."
"This is possibly the best cucumber salad I've ever had. I just loved it! It was so easy to make, with just a few ingredients, and delicious even though low in calories. I think it's a winner!"
"Yum! After reading the other comments, I put in half a tablespoon less lemon juice and it was perfect for my family. Loved it!"
"This was really good. I sub. red onion and Mediterranean feta(w/ herbs & sun dried tomatoes). Best cucumber salad I ever had."
"This is an excellent, tasty, healthy choice for a cool summer salad. I have made it several times."