Feta Cucumber Salad Recipe
If you like the distinctive taste of feta cheese, you'll enjoy this crisp and refreshing cucumber medley, "Even our twin daughters ask me to make this speedy salad," reports Connie Lasko from Mistatim, Saskatchewan.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 10 min. YIELD:4-5 servings
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove seeds and discard. Cut cucumbers into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Stir in onions. Combine the cheese, lemon juice, oil and pepper; add to cucumber mixture and stir gently. Yield: 4-5 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 101 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 453 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 5 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC