If you like the distinctive taste of feta cheese, you'll enjoy this crisp and refreshing cucumber medley, "Even our twin daughters ask me to make this speedy salad," reports Connie Lasko from Mistatim, Saskatchewan.
- 2 medium cucumbers
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Cut cucumbers in half lengthwise. Using a spoon, remove seeds and discard. Cut cucumbers into 1/2-in. cubes; place in a bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Stir in onions. Combine the cheese, lemon juice, oil and pepper; add to cucumber mixture and stir gently. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Feta Cucumber Salad in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p11
Reviews for Feta Cucumber Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review