Feta-Cranberry Lentil Salad Recipe
- 1 cup dried lentils, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1. In a small saucepan, combine the lentils, water and bay leaves; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until lentils are tender. Drain and discard bay leaves. Rinse lentils in cold water.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the lentils, cranberries, walnuts, feta cheese and parsley. In a small bowl, whisk the oil, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper. Pour over lentil mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate until serving. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup: 435 calories, 22g fat (3g saturated fat), 8mg cholesterol, 1026mg sodium, 44g carbohydrate (14g sugars, 17g fiber), 20g protein .
Reviews for Feta-Cranberry Lentil Salad
"Just made this, used Olive oil, and Non-fat Feta cheese, came out to roughly 174 cal for 1/2 C. Going to try this over a green salad soon."
"Yeah, this recipe is a keeper! The textures and flavors in this dish are amazing. Love the walnut- crunch, sweetness of cranberries, richness of the feta cheese, very unusual lentil dish for me- great. I will make this one again and again."
"This recipe inspired me to play! Used cherries instead of cranberries, pecans instead of walnuts, and goat cheese instead of feta. Served on a bed of spinach with an extra drizzling of olive oil and sprinkling of sea salt. Served with a baguette. Great weeknight dinner (especially since the lentil mixture can be made ahead)."
"I first tried this about a year ago and since have made it frequently. Everyone I share it with are impressed and ask for the recipe."