Feta Chicken Salad Recipe
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 1/2 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1/2 cup chopped seedless cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Greek seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first five ingredients. In a small bowl, whisk the lemon juice, oil, Greek seasoning, salt and pepper. Pour over chicken mixture; toss to coat. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Just before serving, sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup equals 198 calories, 9 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 63 mg cholesterol, 540 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 24 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
Reviews for Feta Chicken Salad
"Thanks for the great salad idea. Only item I changed was that I substituted half of the oil for no fat chicken broth. It doesn't change the taste but it does cut down on the fat."
"I added roasted corn .... Simply delicious!"
"Delicious! Light and refreshing. I thought I would need to double the dressing, but it covered perfectly. Definitely a keeper."
"I love anything with feta, so this was really tasty! I also love that it is low fat."
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.