Jan Stone of Cincinnati, Ohio jazzes up her mashed potatoes with feta cheese and garlic. “I don’t peel the potatoes, because my family likes the texture better. But feel free to peel them if desired,” she suggests.
Recommended: 80 Recipes for Serious Potato Lovers
- 2-1/2 pounds Yukon Gold potatoes, cubed
- 4 to 6 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Place the potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 10-15 minutes or until tender.
- Drain and transfer to a large bowl; mash. Add the cheese, cream, salt and pepper; beat until fluffy. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Feta Cheese Mashed Potatoes in Quick Cooking November/December 2005, p14
Reviews for Feta Cheese Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 17, 2012
"This was really good, lots of flavor."
Reviewed Jun. 19, 2011
"I couldn't taste the garlic or feta in these potatoes... and they didn't turn out that creamy, at least for me"