Feta Cheese Balls
Dill and garlic go well with the tang of feta in this cheese ball...in fact, I think it tastes like a million bucks. It's super easy to do and since the recipe makes two, it's ideal for gatherings.—Kelly Yeager, Hahnville, Louisiana
20 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + chilling
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Bagel chips
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and oil until smooth. Stir in the
- feta cheese, onions, garlic, dill, oregano and pepper. Cover and
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Shape cheese mixture into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap;
- refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with bagel chips.
- Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-1/4 cups each).
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer