Feta Cheese Balls Recipe
Dill and garlic go well with the tang of feta in this cheese ball...in fact, I think it tastes like a million bucks. It's super easy to do and since the recipe makes two, it's ideal for gatherings.—Kelly Yeager, Hahnville, Louisiana
- 2 packages (8 ounces each) cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 5 green onions, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon dill weed
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Bagel chips
- 1. In a large bowl, beat cream cheese and oil until smooth. Stir in the feta cheese, onions, garlic, dill, oregano and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- 2. Shape cheese mixture into two balls. Wrap in plastic wrap; refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Serve with bagel chips. Yield: 2 cheese balls (1-1/4 cups each).
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC