You won't believe the compliments you'll receive when you greet guests with these warm appetizers. Easy crispy bite offers the savory tastes of feta cheese, tomatoes, basil and garlic. They're terrific for holiday parties or most any gathering.
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; brush onto both sides of
- bread. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or
- until lightly browned on top.
- Combine the feta cheese, garlic and basil; sprinkle over toast. Top
- with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through.
- Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece equals 296 calories, 14 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 18 mg cholesterol, 547 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Wine: Medium-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer