- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; brush onto both sides of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Combine the feta cheese, garlic and basil; sprinkle over toast. Top with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta Bruschetta
"Much yummier if you add some balsamic vinegar!"
"I made a double batch of the bruschetta. The recipe stated 2-3 cloves of garlic. In doubling the recipe, I used 5, splitting the difference. I considered saut?ing the garlic in the butter/olive oil to infuse the garlic flavor but didn't. We all felt,although good, it lacked a garlic flavor. It was an easy fix by sprinkling a bit of garlic salt on each piece. Absolutely yummy! I also felt slicing the baguette in one inch slices it was a bit thick. Next time, I think I'll make then 3/4 of an inch. All in all, definitely a keeper and plan on making them again soon. Thank you, Stacey, for a great recipe."
"This was so delicious! The combination of buttery and crispy with the bread was a hit for me. It was a little messy but my 8 year old daughter and I loved it! Definitely will make again."
"this is amazing. Everytime I make it-I am asked for the recipe. It is adictive! I could nearly make the whole meal just eating this"
"Excellent and so easy. A little strong on the garlic but good if you like that."
"Love it! Next time I will double the cheese mixture though."
"I love this recipe and these things never last. I have made this both the original way, and with a couple changes - you can't lose. Instead of fresh tomatoes, I've used canned diced tomatoes seasoned with rosemary, well drained. It's best to eat these fresh from the oven and not let them cool at all, so put these in just as guests arrive."
"Interesting and easy to make. I will give it a try these Christmas."
"I have made it many times; great for parties, everyone loves it. Tonight I made it because I'm trying to use up garden tomatoes. So delicious!"