- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; brush onto both sides of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Combine the feta cheese, garlic and basil; sprinkle over toast. Top with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta Bruschetta
"I made a double batch of the bruschetta. The recipe stated 2-3 cloves of garlic. In doubling the recipe, I used 5, splitting the difference. I considered saut?ing the garlic in the butter/olive oil to infuse the garlic flavor but didn't. We all felt,although good, it lacked a garlic flavor. It was an easy fix by sprinkling a bit of garlic salt on each piece. Absolutely yummy! I also felt slicing the baguette in one inch slices it was a bit thick. Next time, I think I'll make then 3/4 of an inch. All in all, definitely a keeper and plan on making them again soon. Thank you, Stacey, for a great recipe."
"This was so delicious! The combination of buttery and crispy with the bread was a hit for me. It was a little messy but my 8 year old daughter and I loved it! Definitely will make again."
"this is amazing. Everytime I make it-I am asked for the recipe. It is adictive! I could nearly make the whole meal just eating this"
"Excellent and so easy. A little strong on the garlic but good if you like that."
"Love it! Next time I will double the cheese mixture though."