- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; brush onto both sides of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Combine the feta cheese, garlic and basil; sprinkle over toast. Top with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta Bruschetta
Sort By :
"Love it! Next time I will double the cheese mixture though."
"I love this recipe and these things never last. I have made this both the original way, and with a couple changes - you can't lose. Instead of fresh tomatoes, I've used canned diced tomatoes seasoned with rosemary, well drained. It's best to eat these fresh from the oven and not let them cool at all, so put these in just as guests arrive."
"Interesting and easy to make. I will give it a try these Christmas."
"I have made it many times; great for parties, everyone loves it. Tonight I made it because I'm trying to use up garden tomatoes. So delicious!"
"Very good and easy to make! I didn't bake it as long as directed only because of my family's personal preference! :-)"