- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 10 slices French bread (1 inch thick)
- 1 package (4 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 large tomato, seeded and chopped
- In a small bowl, combine butter and oil; brush onto both sides of bread. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 8-10 minutes or until lightly browned on top.
- Combine the feta cheese, garlic and basil; sprinkle over toast. Top with tomato. Bake 8-10 minutes longer or until heated through. Serve warm. Yield: 10 appetizers.
Medium-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied white wine such as Riesling or Gewürtztraminer
Reviews for Feta Bruschetta
"This was so delicious! The combination of buttery and crispy with the bread was a hit for me. It was a little messy but my 8 year old daughter and I loved it! Definitely will make again."
"this is amazing. Everytime I make it-I am asked for the recipe. It is adictive! I could nearly make the whole meal just eating this"
"Excellent and so easy. A little strong on the garlic but good if you like that."
"Love it! Next time I will double the cheese mixture though."
"I love this recipe and these things never last. I have made this both the original way, and with a couple changes - you can't lose. Instead of fresh tomatoes, I've used canned diced tomatoes seasoned with rosemary, well drained. It's best to eat these fresh from the oven and not let them cool at all, so put these in just as guests arrive."