Feta Breakfast Bake
Guests at our family's bed-and-breakfast love this easy-prep brunch item. You can try several variations of the egg dish with your favorite types of cheese. Add a sprig of oregano as a pretty garnish.
12-14 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 1 hour + standing
- 4 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 8 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine croutons and feta cheese; transfer to a
- greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs,
- milk, basil, oregano and pepper. Slowly pour over crouton mixture.
- Sprinkle with ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife
- inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes
- before cutting. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (2/3 cup) equals 193 calories, 10 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 146 mg cholesterol, 519 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 12 g protein.
Wine: Sparkling Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.