Guests at our family's bed-and-breakfast love this easy-prep brunch item. You can try several variations of the egg dish with your favorite types of cheese. Add a sprig of oregano as a pretty garnish.
Recommended: 30 Better-for-You Breakfasts
- 4 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine croutons and feta cheese; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, basil, oregano and pepper. Slowly pour over crouton mixture. Sprinkle with ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Feta Breakfast Bake in Country Woman November/December 2005, p47
Reviews for Feta Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2013
"Eggs and feta are wonderful together. Scrambled eggs with feta are a regular dish at our home, and this is newest in the rotation!"