Guests at our family's bed-and-breakfast love this easy-prep brunch item. You can try several variations of the egg dish with your favorite types of cheese. Add a sprig of oregano as a pretty garnish.
- 4 cups seasoned salad croutons
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) crumbled feta cheese
- 8 eggs, lightly beaten
- 4 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil or 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh oregano or 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 cups cubed fully cooked ham
- In a large bowl, combine croutons and feta cheese; transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, basil, oregano and pepper. Slowly pour over crouton mixture. Sprinkle with ham.
- Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 60-65 minutes or until a knife inserted near the center comes out clean. Let stand for 10 minutes before cutting. Yield: 12-14 servings.
Originally published as Feta Breakfast Bake in Country Woman November/December 2005, p47
Reviews for Feta Breakfast Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review