Asparagus and feta cheese come together to make this frittata extra special. Perfect for a lazy Sunday or to serve with a tossed salad for a light lunch. —Mildred Sherrer, Fort Worth, Texas
- 12 fresh asparagus spears, trimmed
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 6 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- Dash salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup crumbled feta cheese
- In a large skillet, cook asparagus in a small amount of water for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender; drain. Finely chop two spears; set remaining asparagus aside.
- In an 8-in. ovenproof pan or skillet, saute the onions, garlic and chopped asparagus in oil until tender. In a bowl, whisk the eggs, cream, salt and pepper; pour into skillet. Cover and cook over medium heat for 3-5 minutes or until eggs are nearly set.
- Arrange reserved asparagus spears so they resemble spokes of a wheel over eggs; sprinkle with feta cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 7-9 minutes or until eggs are completely set. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Feta Asparagus Frittata in Taste of Home April/May 2008, p24
Reviews for Feta Asparagus Frittata
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review