Feta Shrimp Skillet for Two Recipe
- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons white wine, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, wine if desired, oregano, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- 2. Stir in shrimp and parsley. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Yield: 2 servings.
1-1/4 cup: 237 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 149mg cholesterol, 748mg sodium, 15g carbohydrate (8g sugars, 5g fiber), 24g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet for Two
"This was fabulous. We served it over rice and it was to die for! This is definitely a make again meal!"
"Very easy to prepare. I ate it like soup and it was very good."
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.