- 1/3 cup finely chopped onion
- 1-1/2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 tablespoons white wine, optional
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 6 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Stir in the tomatoes, wine if desired, oregano, pepper and salt. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5-7 minutes or until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Stir in shrimp and parsley. Cook and stir over medium heat for 5-6 minutes or until shrimp turn pink. Remove from the heat; sprinkle with cheese. Cover and let stand for 5-10 minutes or until cheese is softened. Yield: 2 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Feta Shrimp Skillet for Two
"This was fabulous. We served it over rice and it was to die for! This is definitely a make again meal!"
"Very easy to prepare. I ate it like soup and it was very good."
"Very tasty. Had a friend over for dinner Saturday and served this. We about licked our plates! Great with crusty bread for dipping."
"This is a very tasty shirimp dish. I would be very good with crusty bread. I didn't have any bread, so I served it with a side of rice, which was delicious. Very fragrant, nice looking and easy dish to prepare. Will try it again."